Helping You Meet Compliance and Safety Goals
What Do We Offer?
With over 65 years combined experience in the Commercial Trucking Industry, we have worked both on the enforcement side and with the motor carriers helping them comply with both state & federal regulations. We know what state and federal officials are looking for and provide peace of mind and preparedness for the trucking industry.
When you partner with us, we put together a comprehensive plan and do regular audits, inspections, reviews, and training. This takes the headache and high cost out of trying to keep up with compliance and safety requirements.
The United States Department of Transportation has a checklist which all trucking companies must comply to. This includes obligations such as completing the right inspections and physical examinations, ensuring the driver carries compliance documents in the truck with them at all times, marking DOT numbers on the trucks and recording hours of service, and much more.
DOT safety standards help keep vehicle drivers and their shipment safe. Complying with the standards and regulations also guarantees safer trucks on the roads, failure to which your company could easily be put out of commission.
DOT compliance standards keep changing, and may even be different across state lines. A regular safety audit is the surest way to remain up to date with these standards. At Commercial Truck Consulting, we will make it our business to keep your company’s compliance records up to date and make sure you can do business all year round across all 50 states.
We Specialize In
- Cannabis Transport and Required Permits
- California BIT program
- Pre-BIT/DOT inspection consultations
- Bus regulations & inspections
- Comprehensive safety analysis (CSA)
- DOT new entrants
- DOT safety & truck regulations
- DOT truck inspections
- DOT annual inspection training
- Hazardous materials (TDG, PHMSA)
- California CARB regulations
- California Employer Pull Notice program
- Drug & alcohol programs
- Traffic accident investigation
- Federal regulations (USDOT)
- Federal & California loading regulations
- Safety training
- Maintenance & driver logs
- Truck safety consultations & regulations
You Can Rely on Our Expertise
Why Choose Commercial Truck Consulting?
Our highest specialty is California BIT regulations. We have trained the other companies that provide BIT services, so we know our stuff. With a combined experience of over 65 years, we have extensive & superior training through the California Highway Patrol. This means we understand what CHP and the Motor Carrier Specialists that run the BIT program are looking for.
When we train you, it doesn’t stop with teaching you how to do the paperwork. We get our hands dirty and teach you how to do your 90 day truck inspections.
Our expertise doesn’t stop with the BIT program. We have the experience, training, and heart to help you take your company to the next level through understanding the regulations and navigating them.
How can we help?
At Commercial Truck Consulting, we understand how important compliance to DOT, Transport and Trucking regulations is. To keep you set at all times:
- We will make sure each driver on your team is compliant and meets the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSA) requirements as necessary.
- We offer safety training on a regular basis to keep your drivers up to date with the latest Transportation and Trucking rules and regulations.
- We will draw to your attention any driver who does not meet the compliance standards and guide you to process them and update their status.
- We will help check that your registration/ application forms are filled out correctly and make sure that all your documents are submitted for evaluation and verification in good time.
- We will work with your team to maintain great safety, accountability and compliance scores to make sure you reduce any risks or disciplinary fines or mitigate any loss of business that may be occasioned by non-compliance.
- We will offer periodical audit support to maintain year-long compliance for your team and trucks to make sure you can efficiently conduct business across all 50 states.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. At CTC, we have a training program that begins by educating your drivers on the requirements of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSA) requirements and goes on show them how to remain compliant in readiness for a DOT inspection.
We will help you by keeping your company informed, updated and compliant on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSA) requirements. We can also help you come up with a company checklist for you to conduct regular internal audits to make sure you remain compliant.
You can conduct regular internal audits on your vehicles and drivers using a checklist from the Department of Transportation. We can help you create this list and also train your drivers and staff on how to be compliant and inspection ready.
DOT Compliance is attached to both the vehicle and the driver. Sometimes the shipment is inspected too. Depending on the level of inspection, either one or both of the elements would be subjected to inspection when a vehicle is stopped on the road.
This is compliance by all commercial vehicle operators to the set list of rules and regulations governing all aspects of commercial vehicles for public safety as required by the United States Department of Transportation.
If your driver fails the DOT Inspection you will have to send another driver to take over the truck. If the vehicle is the one serious violation, then it could be put out of service. If the non-compliance is minor, the vehicle will either be repaired on site or towed to a place where repairs can be done.
DOT Compliance is aimed at maintaining safety for all road users. Being DOT Compliant also saves your company money that would be used in paying fines or money that would be lost if your operations had to be suspended for non-compliance.